Strawberry Bread Pudding
Butter or margarine
1. Toast several pieces of bread and butter them.
2. Line a baking dish, butter side down, with the slices of bread. Toast enough bread to cover the bottom of whatever baking dish you are using.
3. Cover the slices of toast with a generous layer of fresh strawberries.
4. Place a few pieces of crumbled toast among the strawberries.
5. Sift sugar all through and over the strawberries.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. This dish is best when served cold with whipped cream on top.
1/2 cup quick-cooking tapioca
1 1/2 cups crushed strawberries
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Cook tapioca according to box directions.
2. Add salt, sugar, and strawberry pulp and cook 5 minutes more.
3. Serve cold with whipped cream and additional strawberries which have been sliced and sugared.
Strawberry Fruit Beverage
1 quart strawberries, crushed
Juice of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 orange
2 cups crushed pineapple
2 cups sugar
6 cups water
1. Cook sugar with half of the water until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Add it with the remaining water and the orange and lemon juice to the fruit which has been crushed and placed in a bowl.
3. Set aside in a cool place for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
4. Strain into a pitcher or punch bowl and serve.
Add plenty of ice. Garnish, if desired, with extra halved strawberries. The pineapple may be either canned or fresh. If canned pineapple is used, substitute one cup of the juice from the can for one cup of water.
Strawberry Fruit Cocktail
1 cup diced canned or fresh pineapple
1 cup halved strawberries
2 oranges, divided into sections
2 tablespoons water
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
Whole and half strawberries for garnishing
1. Combine the pineapple and the cupful of halved berries with half of the orange sections - from which the pith and membrane have been removed - the sugar, water, and lemon juice.
2. Cover and let stand in the refrigerator for several hours.
3. Arrange in small sherbet dishes, piling up the mixture in the center.
4. Decorate with the remaining sections of oranges and strawberries.
Visit http://www.easydinnerrecipes.org for meal ideas, recipes, and cooking tips.